A Patch is a set of changes to a computer program or its supporting data designed to update, fix, or improve it. This includes fixing security vulnerabilities and other bugs, with such patches usually being called bugfixes or bug fixes, and improving the functionality, usability or performance.
The most critical and obvious benefit of patch management is heightened network security. Patches are often created after a company has experienced a data breach to ensure other businesses’ data remains safe, and applying a patch as quickly as possible lessens the risk of your business becoming affected.
At UniSec Inteli, our security patch is a change applied to an asset to correct the weakness described by a vulnerability. This corrective action will prevent successful exploitation and remove or mitigate a threat’s capability to exploit a specific vulnerability in an asset. Patch management is a part of vulnerability management– the cyclical practice of identifying, classifying, remediating, and mitigating vulnerabilities.
Security patches are the primary method of fixing security vulnerabilities in software which our experienced consultants in UniSec Inteli is capable of.
As an organisation, our clients need Patch Management implemented for the following reasons:
- Difficulty in understanding which systems require patches and which are up to date.
- Manual patch management process results in inefficiency and errors.
- Reducing the security exposure by ensuring all devices are compliant with patch requirements.
- Minimising end-user’s downtime, due to poor application management or patch deployments.
- Constantly responding to incidents rather than proactively managing day-to-day procedures.
Patch Management Process
Our approach that benefits ours clients are as below:
- Continuous monitoring of patch sources and real-time notification from ISVs.
- Analysis and tailored recommendations for monthly patch cycle, against business needs.
- An agreed release schedule to production servers ideally including a test phase deployment.
- Testing and deployment of recommended Windows and Linux OS patches.
- At the end of each patching cycle, UniSec Inteli’s team will report on all in-scope endpoints.
- Public Cloud Patching: server instances in AWS, Microsoft Azure and others.
- Patch management can be applied to your Organisation’s on the existing environment.
- Option to patch a wide range of 3rd party applications.
- Get an overview of all the patches relevant to the active IT assets in your organisation.
- Removes the burden of your organisation from onerous, resource intensive activities.
- UniSec Inteli Team will manage all aspects of the deployment to production endpoints.
- Customers can rely on our assured and scalable patching service.