PCI Data Security Standard
PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) is a compliance which is a necessity for every organization that stores and processes the cardholder’s data. Also, adhering to PCI DSS is a way of keeping your organization and your customers financial information, safe from abuse. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS), is a collection of ISMS requirements which is designed to reduce payment card breaches, and it applies to any organization which contains cardholder data. It’s a global standard certification.
PCI requirements have been implemented by the PCI Security Standards Council, and their applicability is based on how the organization manages the cardholder data. PCI DSS compliant is not an inconsequential challenge.There are more than 200 and above requirements that need to be implemented and managed across the Cardholder’s Data Environment (CDE).
UniSec Inteli is a PCI Security Standards Council Participating Member and adheres to the guidelines set by the council de facto. The PCI Data Security Standard specifies twelve requirements for compliance, organized into six logically related groups called “control objectives”. The six groups are:
- Build and Maintain a Secure Network and Systems
- Protect Cardholder Data
- Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
- Implement Strong Access Control Measures
- Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
- Maintain an Information Security Policy
The process UniSec Inteli follows to benefit the client are as below:
- Scoping definition in PCI-DSS involves the identification process and technologies that interact with CDE (Cardholder Data Environment).
- Performing Gap analysis to check the breaches and the Non-compliant requirements to provide the solution.
- As per PCI-DSS standards, we perform Vulnerability assessment such as Internal and External ASV scanning according to PCI-DSS requirements.
- We perform penetration testing to confirm with the business requirements and false positive reports and also to be clear from security breaches.
- Remediation support is provided to mitigate the vulnerabilities in internal and external networks.
- Solution options analysis for PCI-DSS is done to provide alternative solutions for the breach or business requirements.
- Reviewing the PCI-DSS Network architecture of the cardholder’s environment.
- Final Compliance assessment report will be provided to satisfy the PCI requirements.